A career change is a huge thing that many of people are dealing with right now, whether they feel stuck in their current job or they just want to do something different that they enjoy.
But how do you position yourself for the job that you want?
As an employee, you’ve got to figure out how to get noticed to move your career ahead and make sure that you’re getting the interactions and developing the relationships that you need. That being said, networking and relationship-building is a two-way street. Leaders also need to figure out how to provide a safe space and environment for their people to connect, even in remote and hybrid environments.
In episode 92 of the Impact Makers podcast, I’m sharing a conversation that I had with Chris Villanueva when he invited me to be a guest on the Career Warrior podcast to chat about networking, relationship building, and how the changing world of work impacts both job seekers and human resources leaders.
Chris is the CEO & Co-Founder of Let’s Eat, Grandma, an online resume service that helps professionals rebrand themselves to land interviews for their dream jobs. Recently ranked by The Balance as the best resume service of 2022, Let’s Eat Grandma helps people during one of the most stressful areas of life – the job hunt. They’ve assisted over 7,000+ paying clients with their resumes, and hundreds of thousands more through their blog and the Career Warrior Podcast.
Topics Discussed In Today’s Episode:
- The future of work, and what both job seekers and HR leaders should be paying attention to.
- The skills that will be most in demand in the workplace of the future.
- Will working virtually affect your career negatively, versus being present in an office?
- Should job seekers try to negotiate remote work, if it’s not part of the job offer?
- How to properly build relationships and networks when many people are working remotely and networking less.
- How to position yourself for new opportunities when you’re interested in making a career change.
- The worst things job seekers do with their resumes that annoy HR and hiring managers.
LISTEN TO IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 92
People & Resources Mentioned In This episode:
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World by Gary Vaynerchuk