On episode 98 of the Impact Makers podcast, we’re diving deep into a topic that’s dear to my heart – networking.
After finding myself in transition without a job after working in human resources for almost two decades, I had to reach out to others for coaching, mentoring, and advice, and it was during this challenging phase that I realized the immense power of networking.
Greg Roche, a successful business executive and a self-proclaimed introverted networker had a similar experience, and has turned what he has learned into a persona mission to help others to understand the importance (and ease) of building a strong professional network – even if you’re an introvert. In this podcast, Greg and I talk about everything from building meaningful connections to nurturing relationships and striking the fine balance between work, networking, and life. Greg also discusses the impact of LinkedIn on his networking strategy, as well as tips to engage with those who are ahead of you in your career journey.
Listen in, as we unwrap practical insights that can transform your professional life through networking, and don’t miss this chance to elevate your career.
Topics Discussed In Today’s Episode:
- Greg’s personal journey from being networking-avoidant to networking expert.
- How Greg balances a demanding full-time job, a busy personal and family life, and his “side hustle” as a content creator and networking coach.
- What it truly means to be an introvert – versus what many people think it means.
- The mindset shift that many introverts need to make to change their views about networking, and how uncomfortable it may be.
- How to build and expand your meaningful relationships by starting with existing connections.
- The easy first step to take to get over feeling awkward about networking.
- The AIR framework for giving when networking – advice, introductions, and recommendations.
- Greg’s LinkedIn posting strategy, and how he creates meaningful content to engage with his network there every weekday.
LISTEN TO IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 98
People & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Greg Roche – LinkedIn