These days, every workplace expert and futurist worth their salt is talking about The Great Resignation, Quiet Quitting, burnout, and dwindling employee engagement levels.
Some are even offering solutions to these problems, including showing more empathy, focusing on improving access to mental health benefits, offering more workplace flexibility, and suggesting increased communication from leadership.
Jeff is passionate about making work suck less, and he does this by assisting leaders in building a workplace where individuals learn how to tap into their true selves, to feel their happiest and most fulfilled–all through play!
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- The two questions to ask your leaders to understand your company culture.
- The difference between forced fun, and introducing play in the workplace.
- Why allowing yourself to get bored is the key to unlocking creativity and innovation.
- How to address quiet quitting through play.
- Why psychological safety is required before introducing fun or play into the workplace.
- The reason why meetings suck, and what you can do to fix it.
- How what drove you back when you were a kid can really answer questions like “How do you want to show up in the world?”
- How can you cultivate the next great idea?
- How to add more play to your grown-up life.
IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 67
Key Quotes From This Episode:
“What is the worst behavior you are currently tolerating [in your workplace]? Because that sets the tone, that sets the culture.” ~ @Jeff Harry
“Allow yourself to get bored the way you got bored as a kid. And then, when you get bored and…you’re not being inundated by information or not looking at information, then just see what ideas start to come up.” ~ @Jeff Harry
“Challenge the status quo because clearly it’s not working for a majority of people if we have such high disengagement, such high absenteeism and, such a movement around like anti-work or Quiet Quitting.” ~ @Jeff Harry
People & Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
This episode of the Impact Makers Podcast is sponsored by Workplace from Meta.
Everybody’s talking about the metaverse these days, but Workplace from Meta is different – I mean, the clue’s in the name, right?
Workplace is a business communication tool that uses features like instant messaging and video calls to help people share information. Think Facebook, but for your company.
It’s part of Meta’s vision for the future of work – a future in which your job isn’t just something you do, but something you EXPERIENCE. A future in which we’ll all feel more present, connected, and productive.
Start your journey into the future of work at workplace.com/future.
Connect with Jennifer:
Send her a message [https://jennifermcclure.net/contact/]
On LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifermcclure
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/JenniferMcClure
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennifer_mcclure/
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JenniferMcClureSpeaker