Are HR leaders the only leaders in an organization who can (or should) lead with a people first approach?
My guest in today’s episode – Steve Browne – doesn’t think so!
Steve has been my friend and mentor for over 20 years now, and he’s also a constant source of encouragement, wise counsel, connections and smiles for leaders around the world through his work as an HR executive, a board member of the largest HR association in the world, his popular blog (Everyday People), and his best-selling books (HR on Purpose !! and HR Rising !!).
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
Steve is well-known for his high-energy and positive approach to people leadership, and in this episode, we chat about:
- What it’s been like to be an HR leader at an organization during a global pandemic, and the key approach all leaders must take in times of crisis.
- The importance of building meaningful relationships to be able to lead effectively.
- The shifts that are still to come in the workplace, and what leaders should be doing now to prepare themselves and their organizations.
- Why Steve wrote his first best-selling book HR on Purpose !! and what compelled him to write his latest book HR Rising !!
- How telling stories helps leaders to get their ideas and messages heard.
- Why a people-first approach is key for all types of leaders, not just those who work in human resources.
- And so much more!
IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 40
(Email subscribers – click HERE to listen to the podcast.)
People & Resources Mentioned in this episode:
Impact Makers Episode 003 – The Heart of Human Resources with Steve Browne
HR On Purpose !! Developing Deliberate People Passion by Steve Browne
HR Rising !! From Ownership to Leadership by Steve Browne
Exclamation Mark by Amy Krouse Rosenthal Tom Lichtenheld