Are HR leaders the only leaders in an organization who can (or should) lead with a people first approach?
My guest in today’s episode – Steve Browne – doesn’t think so!
Steve has been my friend and mentor for over 20 years now, and he’s also a constant source of encouragement, wise counsel, connections and smiles for leaders around the world through his work as an HR executive, a board member of the largest HR association in the world, his popular blog (Everyday People), and his best-selling books (HR on Purpose !! and HR Rising !!).
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
Steve is well-known for his high-energy and positive approach to people leadership, and in this episode, we chat about:
- What it’s been like to be an HR leader at an organization during a global pandemic, and the key approach all leaders must take in times of crisis.
- The importance of building meaningful relationships to be able to lead effectively.
- The shifts that are still to come in the workplace, and what leaders should be doing now to prepare themselves and their organizations.
- Why Steve wrote his first best-selling book HR on Purpose !! and what compelled him to write his latest book HR Rising !!
- How telling stories helps leaders to get their ideas and messages heard.
- Why a people-first approach is key for all types of leaders, not just those who work in human resources.
- And so much more!
IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 40
(Email subscribers – click HERE to listen to the podcast.)
People & Resources Mentioned in this episode:
HR On Purpose !! Developing Deliberate People Passion by Steve Browne
HR Rising !! From Ownership to Leadership by Steve Browne
Exclamation Mark by Amy Krouse Rosenthal Tom Lichtenheld