Sometimes, I have the honor of being a guest on other podcasts or webinars, where I’m typically asked to share about one or more of the topics that I’m passionate about, including leadership, speaking, and personal branding, and I wanted to share one of those recent conversations with you.
Shortly after the world changed for us all as a result of a global pandemic, my friend, Erich Kurschat – who is the owner of Harmony Insights LLC, as well as the founder of an inclusive mastermind community called HRHotSeat – started scheduling half hour conversations over the lunch hour with people in his network to be intentional about connecting, and also to stay inspired in order to do his best work.
Back in June of 2020, I joined Erich for one of these lunch date conversations, where we chatted about the importance of personal branding for leaders at all levels, why introverts do not get a pass when it comes to personal branding, and how you can grow and develop your personal brand without having to be a speaker, a blogger, or an online Influencer.
I asked Erich if I could share the conversation with you, and he graciously agreed. So I hope that you enjoy it, and get a few takeaways from it that you can apply to your career.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- The importance of having a personal brand and being known for something / your expertise / doing great work.
- The need to embrace your position as a leader – regardless of your position in an organization.
- Why introverts do not get a pass when it comes to networking and Personal Branding.
- Why you shouldn’t get hung up on the term “Personal branding”. Yes, it’s marketing, but truly it’s about becoming known, so you can be discovered for opportunities.
- Growth and impact comes from challenging yourself and doing hard things
- Does personal branding extend outside of your professional life?
- Ways to develop and build a strong Personal Brand beyond becoming a speaker or having your own blog.
- How my journey to become a professional speaker began with teaching what I knew – even if it wasn’t something that I was passionate about.
IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 42
(Email subscribers – click HERE to listen to the podcast.)
Key Quotes From This Episode:
“You’re in a leadership role in your organization, whether you have a leadership title or not. By being in the people profession, people are looking to you for leadership. So you have stepped into the light. There will be heat.” ~ Jennifer McClure
“An HR leader’s Personal Brand is so synonymous with the company that they work for – in both the quality of the people that work there, as well as the culture – that HR leaders who are still taking a back seat, and not taking active steps to develop their Personal Brand are not only hurting their careers, they’re also hurting their companies.” ~ Jennifer McClure
People & Resources Mentioned In This episode:
HRHotSeat Mastermind Community
HR On Purpose !! Developing Deliberate People Passion – by Steve Browne
HR Rising !! From Ownership to Leadership – by Steve Browne
Impact Makers Podcast Episode 9 — Prison to Plan to Payoff: Becoming an Entrepreneur with Kary Oberbrunner
Storybrand – Clarify Your Message
Connect with Jennifer:
Send her a message [https://jennifermcclure.net/contact/]
On LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifermcclure
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/JenniferMcClure
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennifer_mcclure/
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JenniferMcClureSpeaker