Today’s guest on the podcast is my friend Kendra Ramirez.
Kendra is a well-respected entrepreneur who is a Women of Influence Award Winner, and a recipient of the John Barrett Entrepreneur Vision Award. She’s also been honored as the Cincy Chic Woman of the Year, an American Marketing Association Marketing Legend, and was a finalist for the Social Media Innovator of the Year.
Since 2005, Kendra and her team at the Kendra Ramirez Digital Agency have helped hundreds of organizations to leverage digital technologies to build relationships, brand themselves, generate sales leads, and attract talent. In 2018, Kendra also founded Reset, a mindset community that helps people to move from fear and anxiety to joy and gratitude.
Kendra and I both live in Cincinnati, and we started our entrepreneurial journeys at about the same time – around 2006 – and would see each other periodically at conferences and events, where we were both speaking about using LinkedIn, social media, networking, and a whole lot of topics that people were interested in during that time, in order to grow their businesses and careers.
And while I’ve always admired Kendra for the work that she’s done, and the reputation that she’s built, I’ve been curious about some of the shifts I’ve seen her making over the last couple of years related to building a healthy and positive mindset.
So I invited her to join me to share more about her journey through personal and business successes and setbacks that led her to seek out a mindset coach in order to overcome some of the limiting beliefs that were holding her back.
Since we’ve all had our lives disrupted by recent events related to the global COVID-19 pandemic, I think that Kendra’s recommendations for establishing and maintaining a positive mindset will be helpful to you, just as it was for me.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- After reviewing the business plan for her first training and speaking business in 2005, three business coaches told Kendra that she should not start the business. But she was passionate about the work, and believed in herself, so she did it anyway.
- How the great recession of 2008 / 2009 forced Kendra to go back to working for someone else, in order to keep her dreams and her company alive.
- Times of struggle are often times of growth, and what Kendra learned during the difficult times helped her to restart and refocus her business in a way that better served her customers.
- How hiring a mindset coach 3 years ago helped Kendra to unlock her potential, learn to trust herself again, and address limiting beliefs that she’s held since childhood.
- Kendra’s second business – a mindset and coaching community called Reset – helps others unlock their potential, and not struggle for as long as she did.
- What have you learned during this time of global crisis and change that you will take forward into the future?
- Two actions you can take to begin to work on your mindset, and establish a positive foundation.
IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 43
(Email subscribers – click HERE to listen to the podcast.)
Key Quotes From This Episode:
“I took that knowledge that I learned in that valley moment, and turned that and really shifted. So that was 6 years ago, and I’m so incredibly grateful that I’ve been able to evolve from there, and those learning lessons have served me so well now, during what we’re experiencing with another downturn. I’ve been in a place of peace this time. I haven’t been in a place of panic or worry, and so I’ve been able to just show up for other people, because I’ve been through this before and I’ve been able to just to show up and have conversation, and like you said, let people know that we will get through this, and we will grow on the other side. ~ Kendra Ramirez
People & Resources Mentioned in this episode:
Virtual Reset mindset conference – October 1, 2020
Changing Direction: 10 Choices that Impact Your Dreams by Mary Miller & Dustin S. Klein
Connect with Jennifer:
Send her a message [https://jennifermcclure.net/contact/]
On LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennifermcclure
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/JenniferMcClure
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennifer_mcclure/
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JenniferMcClureSpeaker