What does it take to unlock your true confidence and become the best version of yourself?
The answer may lie in your personal style. On episode 80 of the Impact Makers podcast, Melanie Lippman, an image coach and personal branding expert, shares her journey from the luxury fashion industry to empowering women leaders by defining their unique style.
In our conversation, we dive into the power of developing a positive mindset about our bodies and finding the clothes that work best for us. Melanie reveals how fashion can be a combination of math and science, but with the right formula, your look can be both comfortable and powerful. We also explore the unique challenges that women face in the corporate environment and how clothing can be used to either play bigger or look more approachable.
Don’t miss Melanie’s insights on building a versatile and intentional wardrobe to reinforce your personal brand, as well as tips on finding a balance between your authentic style and workplace expectations.
Tune in to level up your style game, make a lasting impact, and show up as your most powerful self!
Even though Melanie works primarily with women, her systems and approach – to create a wardrobe that makes you feel confident and reinforces your personal brand – make sense for everyone in the workplace.
Melanie and I chat about how important it is to develop a positive mindset about your own body, and the clothes that work best for who you are today, as well as how you can discover your own personal style and the powerful impact that can have on your confidence and success.
Topics Discussed In Today’s Episode:
- Our clothes significantly influence our confidence and how we show up in various situations, so by understanding our personal style, we can feel empowered and in control of our wardrobe choices.
- How your style and clothing choices can impact and strengthen your personal brand.
- Overcoming negative mindsets around clothing and shopping experiences, and challenging limiting beliefs to embrace a new perspective.
- How to develop a personal formula for dressing with impact, so you can show up with confidence.
- The importance of understanding your own body shape, and finding clothes that work for you in the present moment, rather than waiting for a future weight loss journey.
- How to adapt style for professional settings, and address some of the different expectations and challenges faced by women in corporate environments.
- The importance of finding a balance between feeling confident and comfortable in your attire.
- Why it does not have to cost you a fortune to restyle yourself, or to update your wardrobe.