Discover the power of creative problem-solving!
On episode 90 of the Impact Makers podcast, I’m chatting with Innovation Coach Ellia Harris – an expert in creative problem-solving and creating cultures of innovation. Ellia works with managers, business owners, and their teams to get them out of habitual thinking, so they can find creative solutions that they couldn’t see before.
The creator of Light Bulb Thinking™, Ellia has over a decade of experience as an organizational trainer and coach, and her own experience as a manager seeking a creative approach to leadership led to her expertise in using creative thinking as the fastest route to becoming an effective leader of a high-performing team – which, in a time when we all need to be at the top of our game, is more crucial than ever.
I think you’ll enjoy my conversation with Ellia, because she reminds us that everyone has the capacity for creative thinking and creative problem solving — and thinking differently about some of the challenges that you’re facing may be the best way to identify the solution that you need to move forward.
Topics Discussed In Today’s Episode:
- What is creative problem-solving?
- Ellia’s Light Bulb Thinking™ framework for creative problem solving: planning, ideating, choosing, and then implementing or innovating.
- The four categories of creative thinking tools for when you’re ideating: Re-expression, Revolution, Random Links, and Related Words.
- Why many of us struggle with being creative, and how we can overcome how our brains are naturally designed to work.
- How AI tools like ChatGPT and Bard can be used to fuel creativity — and how they should not be used.
- Ellia’s passion for helping young people to develop leadership and creative problem-solving skills.
LISTEN TO IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 90
People & Resources Mentioned In This episode:
Ellia Harris – LinkedIn
Contact Ellia – Hello@ThePotentialCenter.com
Book: Winner’s Mindset: Peak Performance Strategies for Success (contributor)
Impact Makers podcast episode 067: How to Make Work Suck Less By Making It Fun with Jeff Harry
Impact Makers podcast episode 084: Poetry, Hip Hop, and HR: Creativity and Leading in the Future of Work With Arend Boersema