As I’m sure you did too, I spent some time during the end of year holidays to reflect on the past year, the past decade, and my life in general. I also spent a little time – not enough yet – to consider the new year, and the new decade that lies ahead. If I’m blessed to be able to make it through to celebrate 2030, there’s a whole lot that I need and want to do!
As I was traveling to Tennessee to spend the week with my extended family, I spent a lot of time thinking about the new year during my 5 ½-hour drive. To prepare for my annual goal-setting process, I asked myself “What I would need to do to make this the best year ever?”
I came up with 10 things, and wrote them down (without looking!) on the back of an envelope while driving, so I could share them with you. I’m inviting you to join me in making 2020 not only MY best year ever, but YOUR best year ever too!
IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 37
(Email subscribers – click HERE to listen to the podcast.)
10 Things You Need To Do To Make This Year Your Best Year Ever
- Set goals in all aspects of your life.
- Do that thing you say you’ll do someday.
- Do something that makes you uncomfortable.
- Choose one thing that you’ll do every day – or at least consistently.
- Stop doing something that you know you shouldn’t be doing, or don’t want to do.
- Travel somewhere you’ve always wanted to go.
- Have a hobby – and make time for it.
- Plan time and invest money in your personal development.
- Schedule time for gratitude and appreciation.
- Choose one day each week for your Sabbath – and honor it.
More Info and Resources:
Michael Hyatt’s 5 Days to Your Best Year Ever course, book and workshops
Jesse Cole – Owner of the Savannah Bananas
Invest In Yourself, Dan Miller
Shawn Achor’s 6 exercises for happiness
Thanks to King University, who’s support makes this podcast possible! King is proud to offer sixteen online degrees with accelerated programs and affordable tuition so you can start a new career faster than ever. You can choose from programs in technology, communication, and business – like an online MBA with six concentrations including human resource management. And because the program is offered fully online, you can earn your degree on your own schedule in as little as 16 months. Visit https://online.king.edu/impactmakers to learn more about the King Difference today.