On episode 96 of the Impact Makers podcast, I welcome Dr. Tanvi Gautam, a world-renowned leadership development expert.
Dr. Gautam is a multi-award-winning keynote speaker, executive coach, author, and senior faculty and program director at Singapore Management University. She uses a combination of head and heart-based tools for upgrading leaders and to create culture transformation in organizations.
As we navigate a world rocked by global disruption, Dr. Gautam highlights how leadership is evolving and why it’s critical to adopt new tools and resources. She also shares her insights on the essence of true leadership, the essential leadership skills required in the age of disruption, and the intriguing concept of ‘future fluidity’.
Dr. Gautam shares how to cultivate flexibility and resilience — essential tools for navigating an uncertain future, and we explore the role technology plays in enhancing visibility and influence.
Whether you’re an emerging leader or an established executive, I think you’ll learn quite a bit from this episode, and will leave with practical steps you can take to evolve your own leadership skills.
Topics Discussed In Today’s Episode:
- The focus of Dr. Gautam’s work – creating unstoppable leaders who can help their companies upgrade in the new age of disruption.
- 4 skills that all leaders must develop to succeed in the future of work.
- Why the tools, resources, and mindsets that made leaders successful in the past, are not what will be needed in the emerging world.
- How viewing disruption and being disrupted as an invitation to reimagine and reinvent can create possibilities versus getting stuck or falling behind.
- But how has leadership changed in a post-pandemic world?
- Why developing the skills of rest and recovery will be a competitive advantage for both leaders and organizations.
- The concept of “future fluidity”, and how developing this skill can help leaders to successfully navigate change and uncertainty.
- Dr. Gautam’s forthcoming book – Deep Collaboration – will explore the five crucial conversations leaders must have to enable collaboration across organizational silos and boundaries.
LISTEN TO IMPACT MAKERS PODCAST – EPISODE 96
People & Resources Mentioned In This episode:
Book — The Spark Lies Within: And other secrets of women leading inspired and authentic lives by Dr. Tanvi Gautam