Angela had some great questions related to typical challenges faced by job seekers, such as how to prepare for an interview, how to work with HR in the process, and how to ask for – and get – constructive feedback.
We also talked about the importance of managing your career like an entrepreneur, and why we must all become life-long learners – because the world of work is changing so rapidly that we’ll be left behind if we don’t.
Click on the arrow in the episode image below to listen in to our conversation. (Email subscribers, click here to find the link.)
What you’ll learn:
- The number one reason why we all have a job.
- Why we all need to become lifelong learners in order to remain viable in the workplace.
- The need for everyone to think like an entrepreneur in terms of their career.
- HR’s role in hiring, and why it’s a mistake for job seekers to dismiss them/their role in the process.
- The secret to getting hired – even if you’re not the most qualified candidate. (What does it mean to be the “most qualified” candidate, anyway?)
- How HR leaders often discredit themselves in the interview process, and what they should do differently.
- Why the receptionist may be the most important person you encounter in the interview process.
- The reason why you have to answer the “What’s your current salary?” question, and how to give a great answer that doesn’t limit your potential.
- What’s required to successfully make it through the online application process, and the steps you can take to keep your resume from going into the black hole.
- How to handle rejection in the job search process.
- What you need to be prepared for when you ask for feedback.