The original Social Media Revolution video from July 2009 was quite “revolutionary” and has been viewed over 1.8 million times. I’ve personally seen it about 10,000 times at the beginning of various presentations on social media and the background music is on a continuous loop in my brain. But it’s full of amazing and interesting information, and thankfully has finally been updated with new stats and figures.
If you’re still of the mindset that you can wait for this stuff to blow over, maybe this new video will cause you to think again…
Email subscribers click here to see to view the video.)
Some interesting stats from the video include:
- Facebook now tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world
- Wikipedia has over 15 million articles
- There are over 200 million blogs
- 25% of search results for the world’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user generated content
- 78% of consumers trust Peer recommendations – only 14% trust advertisements
The current and future implications that social media has on your Talent Attraction methods, Recruiting processes and Employee Development systems are huge.
Are you ready?