One of the fun things about having a place on the internet where I share my thoughts with the universe is periodically checking the Analytics for this blog. Being a Charts, Graphs and Data Girl, this information definitely interests me and it’s very helpful as I continue to search for my blogging “voice” by seeing what content attracts and engages readers. (And bonus points for the data being frequently amusing too!)
Here’s a sampling from a recent look at some of the data for Cincy Recruiter’s World:
- Over 18,000 unique visitors have come to this site since it began in October 2008
- Almost 30,000 pages have been viewed
- Visitors reside in 121 countries (85 countries sent more than 1 visitor)
Top 6 referring sites:
Most popular posts: (List posts seem to be very popular)
- 6 Tips for Developing Executive Presence
- 25 Web Resources to Help You Get Your LinkedIn Game On
- 10 Social Media Resources for Executive Job Search
- 10 People All Recruiters Should Follow on Twitter
- Searching for a Job? Don’t Call a Recruiter – Think Like a Recruiter
- What Are The Best Interview Questions to Identify Leadership Potential?
People pondering these questions via search engines also ended up here:
- “How long is a resamay?” Not sure about a resamay – but I’d suggest 2 pages for a Resume.
- “How am I going to look when I’m 30?” I don’t know about you kid, but I looked fabulous. 😉
- “What to do when a Recruiter calls?” Hmmm… I’m thinking you should answer the phone and say hello?
- “How do you get a Recruiter to pay attention to you?” Be a legitimate match for a position we’re actively recruiting for. Oh, and be likeable. Recruiters are people too and that works with just about anyone.
- “Who is the best Recruiter in the world?” Wow. I never cease to be amazed by the power of Google to help you find the exact answer your looking for.
- “What are HR professionals saying to each other?” I think they’re talking about how much they like Recruiters… and how they want to learn how to effectively use Social Media in HR.
- “Who are some famous business leaders that use charts and graphs and diagrams?” As mentioned above, I do love me some CG & D, but Texas billionaire/former Presidential candidate Ross Perot perfected the art. Note to self: Must get one of those voodoo sticks…
- “What is a Coaching hat?” I don’t know. But I think I want one.
- “I hate people and try to avoid interactions with them.” Dude…I don’t know if you’ll find much of what you’re looking for here in Cincy Recruiter’s World, but maybe you will on this blog.
- “nofaultparadise” Not sure where this is, but to quote my fav Liz Lemon – “I want to go to there.”
And finally, the gift that keeps on giving… at least 11 visitors who Googled phrases like “paddled + 3rd grade “, “paddled in high school” and the creepy “jenn + got + paddled + detention” ended up here thanks to this post. I can only hope that when they got here, they picked up a few helpful tips and strategies for recruiting, coaching, social media and talent development.
Thanks to everyone that has participated in this journey thus far! If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll continue down the path with me and subscribe via email or RSS. I also hope you’ll add to the conversation on my posts by sharing your Comments. I really do want to hear from you!
Unless you hate people and want to avoid interactions with them. Then you can pass…