On Monday, June 15th, I’ll be attending the Social Recruiting Summit sponsored by ERE.net at Google HQ in Mountain View, CA – and I’m pretty excited about it to say the least! Here’s a brief rundown of why I’m jazzed:
- The Agenda/Speakers – ERE has done a great job of assembling a top-notch group of some of the sharpest tools in the box in recruiting and social media.
- Keynote by Reid Hoffman – CEO of LinkedIn. Apparently Reid’s going to make some special announcements about new features being introduced for Recruiters on LinkedIn. Maybe this will be one of those opportunities to say “I remember where I was when LinkedIn announced…” (or not)
- The opportunity to meet some of my “virtual friends” in person – many of whom have already been more than helpful to me by providing advice, tips and help via email, social networks or by phone. I’ve developed some great relationships with some really smart and helpful people in the “talent community” through LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & blogging. However, those relationships become even more solid when we’re able to connect in person.
- The Social Recruiting Summit will be held at Google’s Headquarters and part of our day will include a tour. I’m looking forward to checking out some of what makes Google the former #1 in Fortune’s 100 Best Place to Work.
- The Google Goats. Apparently, in an effort to be more “green”, Google has hired a herd of goats to keep their campus grounds neat and tidy. There’s just not much more in the world that this Farm Girl would want right now than a photo op with one of the Google Goats. (I’m a simple girl – really.)
For those of you that weren’t able to snag one of the 200 spots before the Conference sold out, ERE is graciously providing a live video stream of the Conference here. Also, if you have a Twitter account, you can follow @socrecruiting for updates or use Twitter Search and follow the hashtag #socialrecruiting here.
I’ll be taking lots of notes and likely have some good fodder for future blog posts. So stay tuned for the really juicy stuff…