Ummm – unfortunately – no.
My absence can be partially explained by my recent return from an awesome experience volunteering in South Africa for almost 2 weeks, and following the Thanksgiving holiday, I’ll crank the blogging wheel up and get back to regular posting. So hang in there with me!
While I was unplugged (yep – no cell phone or laptop for 9 days), it seems that many of my fellow bloggers engaged in a bit of “blog tag”, and the lovely and talented Jessica Lee tagged me to share 7 random facts about myself.
Actually, the tag creates a great opportunity to make you aware of Jessica’s cool new blog! She’s a fellow Fistful of Talent contributor and an HR pro with a global PR firm in Washington, DC. who is challenging many of the current norms of the human resources profession. So check out jessica lee writes!
Here’s a couple of the rules of the game:
- Link to your original tagger, and list these rules on your blog.
- Share 7 facts about yourself in the post – some random, some weird.
So here they are – in no particular order:
- I was voted as the Wittiest person in my class in junior high. When senior class superlatives came around, I came in second place. Guess I became less funny as I got older.
- I’m deathly afraid of heights, but once did a back flip jumping out of a perfectly good airplane (because I couldn’t bear to look down). The whole experience resulted in an adrenaline rush that left me unable to speak for several minutes after landing.
- I worked my tail off in college to accomplish a personal goal of never making less than a “B” – thinking a high GPA would help me land a great job. To this day, no potential employer has ever asked me what my GPA was. (For those playing the home game – a mix of work experience and good grades would have been better.)
- I was paddled every year in school from 3rd grade through 10th grade – most often for talking, goofing off, and once (in high school) for climbing out the window while the teacher was out of the room to play frisbee. I was never given detention (we liked our corporal punishment in Tennessee), and my parents still don’t know. Shh…
- A few years ago, I back-packed solo through Europe for a couple of weeks with no planned itinerary and an unlimited Eurail Pass. The. Most. Awesome. Experience. Of. My. Life. Evah.
- The first time in my career an employee came to me with a sexual harassment claim – I was in labor. Because I was otherwise engaged, I said something sarcastic, she ran out of my office and I couldn’t get up to follow. I called work from the recovery room post-delivery to begin an investigation. (Young and eager I was back then.)
- I’m a video game addict who is currently in recovery. I am not allowed to go near, touch or be within spitting distance of an X-Box, Play-Station, Nintendo, etc. because once I start – I cannot stop. Although a Wii keeps calling to me…
So there you go! I’m now supposed to tag seven additional bloggers, but I think most have already participated in the couple of weeks I’ve been gone, so I’ll tag my readers instead. Since I’ve shared just how strange and wonderful I really am with you, hit me in the comments with a random fact about you so I don’t feel all alone!
Stay tuned for more recruiting, coaching, talent management, etc. stuff next week…